Monday, December 15, 2008

An Assignment

Hugh Grannum/Detroit Free Press

I'm going to try my best not to repeat myself every time a cliche filled story about Detroit appears. From here on out, I'll just post links as I become aware of them. And with all the focus on the Big 3 and Detroit, I'm sure more are on the way. The latest is from the Times in London.

I have an assignment for all journalists coming to Detroit to report on the state of the Big 3 - have a look at the Driving Detroit series that the Detroit Free Press put together last year. It was a months long, in depth look at the city, so I realize that most agencies can't commit to something like the scale of this, but the tone is right. It's not all bombed out post apocalypse wasteland. There is life here. As Bill McGraw says, "it's worse than you think, but better too."

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © The Way Things Are
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com